The Dubai School of Government offers internships for undergraduate and graduate students interested in public policy. These research internships are particularly suited to students with a background in the social sciences such as economics, political science, sociology, international relations, information systems and public administration. DSG internships give students the opportunity to work with faculty on a variety of cutting-edge topics and gain valuable research experience necessary for pursing graduate studies or a career in public policy.
The School especially welcomes internship applications from qualified UAE Nationals.
Why Intern at DSG?
Interns can expect to work closely with DSG faculty who will offer guidance, mentorship and the unique opportunity to work on topics as varied as electronic government, women and leadership, economics, public administration and more.
Students looking to pursue postgraduate degrees will benefit from gaining analytical and research skills that are prerequisites for many Ph.D. programs. DSG faculty can advise students about graduate programs, both in the UAE and abroad, and assist in the application process. Moreover, through DSG’s collaborative work with a range academic institutions, interns can expect to gain an international and regional perspective on research issues of import to the UAE’s public policy environment, as well as participate in innovative and multidisciplinary projects.
- Enrollment in an accredited university
- A grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Fluency in English is essential. Arabic fluency is highly desirable.
- Full-time interns are expected to work a 40-hour week for a period of six weeks during the summer. Part-time internships can also be arranged for with individual faculty members.
- All internships at DSG are unpaid.
- E-mail an internship request statement, a copy of your CV, and contact information for two references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Successful applicants will be contacted for an interview
Gender and Public Policy Program
The Gender and Public Policy Program at the Dubai School of Government is pleased to announce the availability of one summer internship position for undergraduate students from early June until end of August (dates are negotiable). The internship position is Database Coordinator. The incumbent student will be responsible for updating, maintaining and further developing the program’s local, regional and international contacts database and will work closely with the program’s research associates to map out a new conceptual accessible design for our existing 600 + entry database.
For job description and application information, click here
The application deadline is June 6.